cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being billed for business yet account isn't recognized as business.

Highlighted

Being billed for business yet account isn't recognized as business.

Explorer | Level 3

The idea a valid request is going to sit on a board, waiting for an answer someday is deplorable. Will be exploring options today. This is unacceptable. I've been billed for a business account for 90 days and yet that's not what I can access. This also means being denied the support of a paid account.

Deplorable. Will request a refund via PayPal.

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Being billed for business yet account isn't recognized as business.

Not applicable

Hello @Loriinsj!

You can contact DropBox support at, https://www.dropbox.com/support/email/billing_and_payments/submit. They'll work with you to fix this problem. (Please note DropBox support hours are Monday-Friday). I recommend that you contact support before you cancel your subscription. But, If you want to cancel your subscription, instead of contacting support, please follow the below instructions. 

How to Cancel Subscription 

If you originally subscribed through iTunes or Google Play (with a phone or tablet)

Learn how to downgrade to a Basic plan if you signed up with a phone or tablet through iTunes (Apple) or Google Play (Android).

If you subscribed with a desktop computer or laptop (through dropbox.com)

1. Sign in to dropbox.com.
  2. Click your profile picture or grey circle in the upper-right corner. 
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Click the Plan tab. 
  5. Click Cancel plan at the bottom of the page.
  6. Scroll down, and click I still want to downgrade.
  7. Select the reason why you want to cancel. 
  8. Click Continue.
  9. Scroll down, and click I still want to downgrade.

Check that your downgrade has been processed

If you downgrade through Dropbox, you’ll receive an email confirmation. The sender is no-reply@dropbox.com and the subject line of the email is Dropbox Plan will not renew

If you downgraded through iTunes or Google Play, you may receive an email from those companies. If you don’t, we recommend contacting their support teams.

To confirm your downgrade on dropbox.com, go to the Billing tab in your account settings, and click Change next to Billing period. You should see a notification titled Plan downgrade scheduled.

Please note, canceling your subscription doesn't delete your account. If you want to delete your account, please follow the steps on this page: https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/create-delete/delete-account

I hope this helps!

-------------------------

HeartDid this post help you? If so, please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so, please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so, please provide some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder, so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Tell me exactly how I am supposed to contact support when they see me as a free account despite collecting payment. So far posting here has been fruitless. Twitter has been fruitless. 

That's the crux of the problem. They are taking my money for a business account and I get none of the benefits I am supposed to get from that fee.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @Loriinsj; how are you today?

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'd really like to help.

If you're having issues with finding the email address that's associated with the charge in question by using our self served look-up tool, I'd suggest using an incognito window (while logged OUT of any account) to contact our team through the relevant form so we can assist further with account specific information. 

I hope this gets resolved for you soon! 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?