cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Find out how Tiffany, a Customer Experience superstar uses Dropbox to keep her family in the loop when it comes to her new baby here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being unlinked and can't purchase a new plan

Being unlinked and can't purchase a new plan

Ryan
New member | Level 2

I recently merged my Personal Plan with my works Business Plan. When I realised this merged all my files, I asked my admin to unlink my account. That was successful, but I am now trying to buy a new Personal Plan and can't, as when I do, the following dropbox error message comes up as: "A user with this email already exists."

Can anyone please help?

Many thanks

2 Replies 2

Re: Being unlinked and can't purchase a new plan

Rich
Super User II

@ Ryan wrote:

... I am now trying to buy a new Personal Plan and can't, as when I do, the following dropbox error message comes up as: "A user with this email already exists."

If the admin removed you from the team without converting the account back to a personal account for you, then you'll probably need to wait seven days before you can create an account with the same email address. That's the amount of time that the admin has to restore your account.

You'll either need to wait the seven days and try again, or ask the team admin to first restore your account, and then convert it back to an individual account for you.

Re: Being unlinked and can't purchase a new plan

Ryan
New member | Level 2

Hi Rich, 

Thats very helpful thank you. My Admin went through the unlinking process with Dropbox live chat and they didn't mention that as an option – they simply suggested unlinking my email address. It's been a frustrating process as I still have no access to my files. When someone receives an invite from their Admin, Dropbox must be clearer with the options they provide. Judging by the amount of people with this same issue, its clearly something that needs reviewing. 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Ryan New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?