cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed $199.00 without notice; most of my documents are missing from my Dropbox.

Highlighted

Billed $199.00 without notice; most of my documents are missing from my Dropbox.

Explorer | Level 3

I was charged $199.00 on April 2 without notice or explanation.  I also am missing most all of my documents that I had stored on DropBox.  Please help me.  Please call me at [personal information removed to align with the Community's Guidelines].  Thank you.

Catherine Coleman

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Billed $199.00 without notice; most of my documents are missing from my Dropbox.

Dropboxer

Hey @colcathome, thanks for reaching out to us about this!

At first, it sounds like you may have another Dropbox account, since you mention you can't find your files.

You can check if the email address associated with the account is the same as the one you had your files in by going to:

• Website - your General tab in your Settings.
  • Desktop app - Dropbox icon > avatar icon > Preferences > the Account tab. 
  • Mobile app - the Account tab (iOS) or your Settings (Android). 

As for the charges, you can have a look at the email address and payment date associated with them by using our credit card charge lookup tool.

Let me know what you find and I'll make sure to get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?