cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billed without purchasing

Highlighted

Billed without purchasing

New member | Level 2

I was billed $119.88 on 7/10, yet I did not make any purchases with my credit card on Dropbox.

I went to look up my credit card using my Transaction ID, Last 4 Digits, and Expiration Date on the DropBox "Look up a credit or debit card purchase" page, but it would not allow me to move forward.  

Does anyone know how I can get into contact with a Customer Support Representative over the phone? 

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Billed without purchasing

Dropboxer

Hi @ericweinhardt, thanks for posting on the Community!

As this is related to sensitive billing info, I’d recommend getting in contact with our support team directly to look into this matter in more detail.

You can do this by logging into your account, clicking this support link and providing as much info as possible.

Keep me posted!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi @Jay,

I have gone to the billing link you sent, and attempted doing the Credit Card checker that the Chat Bot has recommended, but when I type in my Transaction ID, Last 4 Digits, and Expiration Date of the card charged I am not re-directed to a new page.

Essentially, I do not recall making this purchase, and I have no reciept linked to the email used in my account. I would like to know what email was used to purchase to have an understanding if this was a fraudulent purchase. My account level does not allow me to speak with a representative, but I am at the point now that I do not know what other options I have.

Are you able to provide me with some sort of contact to reach out to?

Thanks!

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Could you try submitting a ticket on an incognito/private browsing window, while not logged into your account, on this link when you scroll down the page.

Make sure to enter an email address that you can be contacted on there, and the team will be able to assist from there on. 

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?