cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Question (from 1st October 2019)

Highlighted

Billing Question (from 1st October 2019)

New member | Level 2

Hi.

I was sent an email back in June 2019 to advise from 1st October 2019 (my renewal date), the price will increase from £79 GBP to £90+ GBP (UK) for my plan, yet when I look at my account details it states the renewal will be £79 ??

Can anyone clarify whether the price increase affects everyone including myself and the wording in my account is wrong, or will the increase just affect new accounts set up after 1st October? It's not very clear at all. To me anyway.

P.S. Dropbox - A drop in the ocean i'm sure, but at £90+, you just lost a customer. I don't need 2TB, I joined with 1TB and was happy with that. You need more tiers to your pricing/storage to satisfy the average user.

dropbox.png

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Billing Question (from 1st October 2019)

Dropboxer

Hi @lilo72, thanks for the info. 

Just for clarification, as per that email you received, the price has increased for new and existing users on Dropbox Plus plans from the next renewal.

The price varies according to the currency, and taxes for that country. You can get the correct cost by viewing this page in an Incognito/Private Browsing window.

Regarding offering more tiers for storage and sync, while that isn't an option at this time, I can certainly forward this information to our team for their consideration in future to improve the options available.

I hope this info helps!

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to Ask help from the Community here.]

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?