cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can 1 Dropbox account be part of 2 different business teams?

Highlighted

Can 1 Dropbox account be part of 2 different business teams?

New member | Level 2

Hello,

I'm already in a work group with memebers of my company but I need to open a new work group to share information between my other co-workers...

Is it possible to have 2 work groups within the same account??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: 2 work groups with 1 account

Dropboxer
Hey there @Ada_Steffy,

One Dropbox account can only be part of one Dropbox Business team at a time due to the ownership of files within the account. To be a part of 2 teams you will need to have a second Dropbox account.

It might be worth noting that the second team can still share folders with you, which will just appear in your personal space rather than a team folder. As the content in team folders is owned by the team admin, a shared folder can’t be within more than one team space. They can however be shared with other individuals outside the team.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: 2 work groups with 1 account

Dropboxer
Hey there @Ada_Steffy,

One Dropbox account can only be part of one Dropbox Business team at a time due to the ownership of files within the account. To be a part of 2 teams you will need to have a second Dropbox account.

It might be worth noting that the second team can still share folders with you, which will just appear in your personal space rather than a team folder. As the content in team folders is owned by the team admin, a shared folder can’t be within more than one team space. They can however be shared with other individuals outside the team.

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any other questions - Cheers!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?