cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I access my deleted Business account again?

Highlighted

Can I access my deleted Business account again?

New member | Level 2

Hello

My client was trying to give me access to thier Dropbox account. During the access procedure, my BUsiness account dissapeared as was replaced with thier account. She can see my other files, but I cant access them. I tried to sign back in and eventually after following multiple help pages was forced to set up another account,. I used the exact same name, hoping it was give me access. It didnt, Everythign is gone as if I was starting as a new customer. This happened about 15 mins ago.

PLease help. Thank you

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Can I access my deleted Business account again?

Dropboxer

Hi @gregmeyer2007, thanks for messaging the Community!

While it isn't possible to see the history of what happened, it sounds like your personal account was joined to a Dropbox Business team, which they then deleted.

Generally, the team admin has 7 days from the deletion to recover the account, which would then allow the admin to convert it to a personal account. However, given that you were able to create an account with the same email, this means that the original account has been fully deleted, so it wouldn't be possible to recover that account directly.

There is a possibility that the team admin might have transferred your files to another user on the team, so I'd recommend checking with them directly.

Let me know how it goes!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Jay

Thanks very much for the reply. My client was able to send ( share ) all my confidential files back to me after I created a new account. I must say, this is not very user freindly, especially once things go wrong. The level of stress when all your clients files disappear is quite high. I really feel DropBox should consider opening up a customer service center that has actual people to speak with 9-5. I understand paying customers have that #, but as a paying customer whose account was cancelled by accident, I lost all customer support. I will keep Dropbox for now, but know that I am not happy and my level of confidence in this app has dropped significantly. 

Thank you for your support though, I appreciated receiving the email yesterday! Cheers Greg

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I'm happy to hear that you were able to get your files back!

We do appreciate the feedback on our support options.

Enjoy the rest of your week!

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?