cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I automatically log out from my account through the website when I close Dropbox?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Is it poosible to set automatic "Sign out" on closing Dropbox. I can "Sign out" after making changes and saving, by clicking on the little  picture, if I dont do that and shut down when i next open the programme, from my favourites, it opens completely and there is no Signing in necessary.

On opening Dropbox the little picture is in top right corner, as soon as I open a folder within Dropbox and close it without making ammendments the picture has vanished, and therefore I cant "Sign out".

BTW, I'm using Windows 10!

Many thanks for reading this

Dave.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Sign out on closing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Dave!

The first thought that popped into my head is to check that you don’t have the option Remember me ticked before signing in:
Remember me.png
You could also clear the cached data and cookies, as well as using incognito, which would automatically sign you out of your account when you close the browser (since it doesn’t retain history and cookies). 

Additionally, you could also unlink previous web sessions, which would sign you out and require your password to sign in again. 

In any case, let me know if, by switching browsers or using incognito, the avatar continues to disappear, or if you have any other update in general. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Sign out on closing

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi Dave!

The first thought that popped into my head is to check that you don’t have the option Remember me ticked before signing in:
Remember me.png
You could also clear the cached data and cookies, as well as using incognito, which would automatically sign you out of your account when you close the browser (since it doesn’t retain history and cookies). 

Additionally, you could also unlink previous web sessions, which would sign you out and require your password to sign in again. 

In any case, let me know if, by switching browsers or using incognito, the avatar continues to disappear, or if you have any other update in general. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?