Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I delete files from my account to get underquota again?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Can I remove files and get below basic plan limit?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Over Basic Plan

Super User II
Super User II
Yes, any files that you delete from your account will free up the space that they were occupying.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II
Yes, any files that you delete from your account will free up the space that they were occupying.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I have the same problem.  I deleted files permanently but I did not get my space back.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer
Hi there @Bargnhtress!

Initially, please remember that your Dropbox quota is based on the total contents of your account, including shared folders. You can find more info about your space from your Plan tab. Could you please navigate there and see what it reads?

Furthermore, how are you deleting these files - from the website, desktop app, or mobile app? Are you able to carry out the steps to deleting files as per this link

Finally, please remember that already deleted and permanently deleted files don't count against your storage quota, so permanently deleting files after they have already been deleted doesn't free any more space.

If you’re still having some trouble with this, could you please let me know additional info and send me a screenshot (omitting personal info) of any error message that you might be seeing or one that illustrates the behavior you’re experiencing?

Thanks in advance! 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?