cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I disable 2FA on my account?

Can I disable 2FA on my account?

Megabyte
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have been using Dropbox without 2FA for years but my iPhone had to be restored and I am now not able to use Dropbox unless I use 2FA.

The problem I have with Two-factor is that I do a lot of travelling and change SIMs to local ones. This means I cannot get a text code and I also cannot scan Google since I only have one device.

Can someone tell me what I can do? Is there a way of getting it back without 2FA? I only have recipes on it for work.

12 Replies 12

Daphne
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'm glad to hear that @Megabyte!

If there's anything else that I can help out with, please feel free to get back to me here anytime. :grin:

I hope you enjoy the rest of your week!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Leomitgr
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have created a DropBox account using a disposable mail for my department (Job), in order to share and store important files. I accidentally logged out from my laptop and now I cannot log back in because the system asks for a verification code, that is sent to my email address (which is disposable), that does not exist anymore. I have never activated 2 factor verification login by the way. I should also notice that I still have access using my browser on my phone and tablet. Is there any way to log back in on mu laptop's browser, without using the verification code?

Megan
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hey @Leomitgr, thanks for posting today! 

It seems you're talking about our 2FA security feature. 

Have you tried disabling it? You would then be able to access your Dropbox account on the web. 

Also, feel free to have a look at this Help Center article. 

Keep me posted on the results.

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Megan Dropbox Staff
    Leomitgr New member | Level 2
    Daphne Dropbox Staff
    Megabyte Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?