cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I edit/remove certain saved contacts in Dropbox?

Highlighted

Can I edit/remove certain saved contacts in Dropbox?

New member | Level 1

I've asked this before - is there any way to edit/remove the contacts that automatically come up when I start to share (and now comment on) a file? I am very concerned about accidentally sending confidential items to the wrong person.

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

Re: Editing Contacts

New member | Level 1

I doubt it. I've been trying to find out how to edit contacts and yet to find a way.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

Really DROPBOX!? There's no way to edit contacts????? I am no slouch but I have yet to find a way to do this. Ridiculous.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1

I also have the same problem just like Deirdre did. I've searched and explored almost everywhere but I couldn't find a way to edit contacts in dropbox.

Highlighted

Super User II
Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Useless, Rich - whoever you are, been to that page 3x now - don't want to delete contacts - I want to be able to add & edit contacts - did you even read the questions asked - and even read the answer you gave?  Has anyone out there found a real solution?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Is there really still no answer to this question??

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Ridiculous.... I want to share with someone and put in their name and then their email, you cannot do this manually, you have to give dropbox full rein over your contacts in outlook or gmail.... so now dropbox will know the birthdates, phone numbers and other personal information from my contact list?

You cannot even edit an entry in the dropbox "contact list" because you cannot get to it.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior, feel free to start a new discussion in the Dropbox Community.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?