cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get a refund for my subscription?

Highlighted

Can I get a refund for my subscription?

New member | Level 2

My annual subscription rewnewed 4 days ago, i cancelled my subscription 2 days ago. will i be eligible for a refund. i have not used this service for 2 years and i can not afford to keep it.

6 Replies 6
Highlighted

Re: refund on my subscription

Dropboxer

Hello @NoelJ.

Thanks for posting in our Community!

I was going to contact you in the email address associated with your Community profile to help with this. Please keep in mind, we are unable to see account details or help with cancellation requests via the Community, for privacy reasons.

I see that you had a chat with us yesterday. How was your experience? Was your request handled? Did you receive your follow up email? 

I'll be more than happy to create another email to help with this, if you want me to. 

Let me know! Thank you. 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

My experience was good, i just want to know if I am eligible for a refund. I am finding it difficult to contact anyone via chat or email. this is why i choose to write in the community. 

I would appreaciate if you could email me please. my email is [email removed as per Community Guidelines]

Thank you.

Highlighted

Super User II

@NoelJ wrote:

... i just want to know if I am eligible for a refund.

Typically, refunds are not available unless legally required. When you cancel an account, you're just cancelling the automatic renewal that will happen on your next billing date. Your account remains active (unless you delete it) and you retain all paid benefits until the account automatically downgrades at the end of your subscription.

That being said, only Support can tell you if you're elligble for a refund. You should open a ticket, or wait for Fiona's email.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

I just emailed you @NoelJ

Let me know if you received my email. 

Thanks! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Fiona, 

I still did not recieve any email.

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hi @NoelJ

Thanks for getting back to me about this. It is the same email chain you had from your chat follow up email. Please check your spam folder. 

I will be sending a new email right now. I hope you receive the new one if you are unable to locate the old one. 

Let me know if you located the old email from your chat or the new one I've sent. 

Thank you!

Fiona

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?