cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have more than one Dropbox accounts associated with the same email address?

Highlighted

Can I have more than one Dropbox accounts associated with the same email address?

New member | Level 2

Odd question but I think I have a second account under my same email but can't seem to locate it.  I just updated my storage after hitting limit about a year ago and now can't find many files.  I don't use it much other than backup in the background so it's been a while. How can I see if there are other accounts under my email address? 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: dual accounts

Super User II

@Phillyglenn wrote:

Odd question but I think I have a second account under my same email but can't seem to locate it.

Dropbox only allows one account per email address. It's not possible to have a second account under the same email as your first account.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Super User II

@Phillyglenn wrote:

Odd question but I think I have a second account under my same email but can't seem to locate it.

Dropbox only allows one account per email address. It's not possible to have a second account under the same email as your first account.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

That is absolutely Not True.  Today I am having trouble accessing the Dropbox account I PAY FOR because a new one with the same email address was accidentally opened during some bungling with Dropbox's insane "google or apple" sign-in.  The new one is free... with no storage... and NONE OF THE FILES I NEED TO WORK ON TODAY.  I HATE DROPBOX.

Highlighted

Re: Can I have more than one Dropbox accounts associated with the same email address?

Dropboxer

Hi @MLycett; thanks for joining our Community and sorry to hear you're having issues with accessing your upgraded account. 

To be completely honest here, it sounds like you somehow created a new account instead of logging into your existing one. 

If you've upgraded your account through our website, you could look-up any charge for your subscription to verify the email address that's associated with it: 

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

In case you upgraded through a mobile app store, please make sure that you used the correct email address by following those steps: 

• Open the Dropbox app, and tap Account.
  • You should see the email address under Email.
  • If you have paired a personal and business account, tap Personal to view the email address.

I hope this helps and please keep us posted. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?