cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can I have more than one email associated with my Dropbox account?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Can I have more than one email address associated with my personal Dropbox?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: multiple email

New Super User
New Super User

Doesn't look like you can on a personal account, only on team accounts https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/secondary-email

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
Highlighted

New Super User
New Super User

Doesn't look like you can on a personal account, only on team accounts https://www.dropbox.com/help/files-folders/secondary-email

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you! Do you know if I can have more than one Personal Account linked to my Work account? I'd like to have them all in one place.

Highlighted

New Super User
New Super User

I believe it is only one extra account that you can add to your work account. I don't think you can link more than one unfortunately.

EDIT: I was incorrect, you can have multiple secondary emails

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you for your help! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hey there @susan8 - of course you do!

As of recently, secondary emails are available to Dropbox Professional, Plus, and Business customers so if you're on any of these plans you should see the option to add another email to your account within your account's settings.  To add a secondary email to your Dropbox account:

1. Sign in to dropbox.com
  2. Click your avatar.
  3. Click Settings.
  4. Under the "General" section, scroll down to Secondary email.
  5. Click Edit.
  6. Click Add a secondary email.
  7. Type the secondary email you’d like to add.
  8. Click Next.
  9. Click Close.
  10. Open the email account you used for your secondary email. You should see a verification email.
  11. Click Verify your email in the verification email.
  12. You’ll be redirected to your Dropbox account, where you’ll see a confirmation message.
  13. Click Done.

You’ll then have both a primary and secondary email(s) on your account. Your primary email is the main email connected with your account.

• If people send shared file, folder, and Paper doc invites to your secondary email, you will receive the request and can accept them with your primary email.
  • You can add multiple secondary emails.

I hope this information helps and let me know if there is anything else I can assist with Susan. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

Thank you Walter. I have my personal account linked to the Work account and it reads: Connected Accounts with a box to the right that says Disconnect. I do not see an option to add another email address.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

You should be able to add a secondary email (to an account that supports the feature to begin with) easily by the steps I provided in my previous response @susan8

Is it possible that you're trying to add a secondary email to your (connected) personal account? 

If not, please send me a screenshot of what you see under the General tab of your work's account (steps to find this are listed above).

Thank you in advance and happy Monday Susan.

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?