cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with resetting the password

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

Chsejer
New member | Level 2
My password ran out and I No longer have acces to the original e mail.
How do I gerne into My accent and All My pictures og My sons lave father 😢

Bronx
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem!

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account or a device you are logged in on already I'm afraid you cant. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MT-Tester
Helpful | Level 6
• "Password Expiration Considered Harmful – Cryptosmith" — June 15, 2002

• "Microsoft admits expiring-password rules are useless - CNET"
— April 25, 2019

• "Microsoft Realizes Password Expiration Is Poor Security | PCMag" — April 26, 2019

Before, it was annoying. Now, it's useless. Hey, IT staffers, are you listening?

In my opinion: "Password Expiring" is the worst security feature that the Dropbox development/security team has ever introduced to Dropbox. If they temporarily disable this feature, many would be able to regain access to their accounts.

@Frank_S @Lusil @Emma @Jay @Здравко

shcross1977
Explorer | Level 4

I 100% agree. The worst security measure Dropbox could ever implicate. 100's of photos and memories down the drain that I cannot access and I'm guess Dropbox IT doesn't give a crap and will probably never bother offering a solution. Sad.

fdomingu2013
New member | Level 2

Hi all, I don´t have access to the email account registered in Dropbox anymore. I remember the password, but as i I am trying to login from a new Laptop, Dropbox is sending me a 6 digit code that i can not read because I dont have access to the email. Any ideas how to recover my account? I dont have another email account or cell phone as recovery options registered in Dropbox.

Thanks in advanced.

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account there is no way to log on I'm afraid. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

ChriGenoa
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I have a problem with resetting the password for the dropbox account created with the email address<<removed>>.
This email address no longer exists, but it has become an alias of the<<removed>> email address. When I request the password reset link to be sent to <<removed>>, I do not receive the email. I also tried to put the email address<<removed>>, but I don't receive the email anyway. Can you please help me?

Thank you

Mark
Super User II

Are you still able to receive emails to the old address? If not I'm afraid you cannot recover it

ChriGenoa
New member | Level 2

Yes, I get all the emails sent to the old address, but not the dropbox password reset email. I also had the technicians of the company where I work check that they have not been blocked by the spam filter. They told me there are no dropbox emails. How can I have the password reset in any other way?

Thanks

Need more support?