cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change login email and password if I don't have old password nor access to email

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

ChriGenoa
New member | Level 2

can you help me please?

Mark
Super User II

You are going to need to log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and ask for assistance I'm afraid.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

KR777
New member | Level 2

Hi. I need access to my old DROPBOX accounts that don't have active email addresses anymore. The passwords have expired

Rich
Super User II

@KR777 wrote:

Hi. I need access to my old DROPBOX accounts that don't have active email addresses anymore. The passwords have expired

Unless you have a device already logged in to your account, that won't be possible without access to the email address associated with the account.

sonyatoulson123
New member | Level 2

Please help me. I'm still logging in my account with app and desktop. But I can't remember the password that I used to have. Unfortunately, the email that I combined with this account was deleted permanently. So I can't sign in to get the link reset password. How can I reset password without email?
P.s: I've combined personal account and work account

Mark
Super User II

Have a look at https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Dropbox-tips-tricks/I-lost-access-to-my-email-address-how-do-I-sign-... for some help

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Spooncer
New member | Level 2

Hi I have two Dropbox free accounts. This one and one with an email address that is defunct and I have forgotten the password. 
is there a way to access it? Thanks

Rich
Super User II

@Spooncer wrote:

Hi I have two Dropbox free accounts. This one and one with an email address that is defunct and I have forgotten the password. 
is there a way to access it?

alex lang
New member | Level 2

Hi, 

I have a problem with login (email) change.

My old email is not working any more and I don't have an access to this account. I want to switch to new email but system requires old password I can't remember any more. To reset the password I have to use old email (not working any more). 

I'm logged in to Dropbox and I want to change login email and password for new ones due to safety reasons. 

Anyone has a clue how to solve it? 

Thank you in advance for any hints.

Megan
Dropbox Staff

Hey @alex lang, I hope you're doing well!

I moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar concern. 

If you don't have access to your email address, you can update both your password and email on a device you’re already signed into. 

Also, can you take a look Walter's first post? He shone some light on this.

Thank you!

Megan
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

Need more support?