cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Can I reset my password without access to the email as I forgot it?

Andrew1983
New member | Level 2

i have forgotten my password and no longer have access to my email, how can i reset my password and change my email?

95 Replies 95

opudo
New member | Level 2

Hi,

So I have an dropbox account that I created a few years ago. I haven't used it until now, I know the email and password but dropbox says that my account security has expired and that I need to reset my password. Probably because I haven't used my account in a few years. The only problem is that I have deleted my gmail account some time ago and I cannot reset my password. I just want to download one video where my friends and I are gaming.

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email or a device already logged in I'm afraid you cannot do anything to regain access.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

MariaKiou
New member | Level 2

Hello guys, 
I lost my email account, I remember my password here and when i try to login it says that i cant login because my password is expired and they send me an email, but i cant have the email because i lost my email account. What can I do ? 😞
thank you!

Lusil
Dropbox Staff
Hey @MariaKiou, thanks for reaching out to us. 

I moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar concern. 

Have a look at what is advised and let us know if you have any other questions. Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

cpren
New member | Level 2

I am also locked out of my email account, it has been deleted so can't access my dropbox account. I have opened a new dropbox account with my new email. Is there anyway that would verify that the old account is mine. Can they be synced? I have so many pictures from when my kids were small on the old account and would like to recover. 

Mark
Super User II

Unless you have a device already logged in @cpren I'm afraid not.

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Lnnewm01
New member | Level 2

How can you reset your password if you don't have access to the email account any more.  I got a new phone and when it transferred and it didn't recover the password.  My late husband set this up for me and I have no clue what the password is.

Mark
Super User II

You cant I'm afraid. 

Use your old phone that is logged in to move everything to a new account

shcross1977
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Please HELP!

I cannot access my account because my user name is a closed email account. My password is expired but I cannot receive a reset link to the closed account. I had the account open a few days ago on my phone but I got a new phone and had to reinstall all of my apps. I have so many photos that I need to access but I don't know what to do. Please help!

Mark
Super User II

Without access to the email account there is nothing you can do I'm afraid. 

Go to your old phone and create links to all of your files and then download them before putting them on a new account

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Rich Super User II
    Alek1623 New member | Level 2
    Megan Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?