cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I upload a 12 GB movie file in one go?

Can I upload a 12 GB movie file in one go?

Kate
Explorer | Level 3

—- Sadly, there is no human live support. Tried to call Business #... Auto recording “hang up” on me, saying go to help/support ... even for paid Bus. Accnts? ——
Anyhow, what plan do I pick that will allow to upload 12 GB movie file at once* ?

5 Replies 5

Re: Can I upload a 12 GB movie file in one go?

Mark
Super User II

They will all allow it as long as you place it inside the Dropbox folder on your computer and leave it to do its thing. 

Uploading via web is limited to 20gb BUT not recommended as if your machine sleeps etc. you will have to restart from the beginning

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Kate
Explorer | Level 3
I would have to give access to Dropbox to my friends. They will upload.
What plan do I need to get?

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hey there @Kate.

If you have a paid Business account, can find the number to call our Support team with the steps outlined here. I'd be happy to help out from here though!

Since you need someone to upload a file for you, perhaps a file request link would do the trick?

Even with a Basic account, the bandwidth limit for your links per day is 20 GB and so should be enough to cover a 12 GB upload. With any paid plan, this limit is up to 200 GB.

Let me know if this helps!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Kate
Explorer | Level 3
I called main business number on Dropbox website. It was a Robo call “press one, two,“ then it just hang up without any options. Business phone doesn’t work on Dropbox main page.
Q: what plan do I need to buy to upload 12 GB movie in one go ?
Thanks,
Kate.

Kate
Explorer | Level 3
Customer support links don’t help, b/c I’m a new customer, (I haven’t signed up for paid account yet, I need to find which account I need to sign up for) links just “looping” go around in circle without solutions.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?