cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Whether you are transferring a single drive, a team or an entire organization, Movebot's cloud migration tool has been built to make your Dropbox migration simple - learn all about it here.

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't connect some devices to my Dropbox account

Can't connect some devices to my Dropbox account

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6

I'm getting pretty fed up with Dropbox now. I now am having trouble authorizing my other basic account on my Galaxy Tab A (SM-T550) AND Galaxy J3v (SM-J337v)! Also I get the same "There was a problem completing this request" message pop up signing into this other account. I don't know what is going on here and it's frustrating the heck out of me that I can only access my files through a browser or my laptop now after using Dropbox for years and years with no serious issues. I'd totally leave Dropbox for good if it weren't for some apps use only Dropbox to back up their data. 

9 Replies 9

Re: Can't connect some devices to my Dropbox account

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Julie G.17, thanks for letting us know about this and sorry to see you're having trouble.

Are you perhaps trying to sign into an account that already has 3 devices connected to it? Because 3 is the limit for the free accounts.

You can sign in to that account and go to your security page, to see how many devices are connected.

You might need to remove a connected device, to sign in to this particular one.

Let me know what you find.

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6
No I'm trying to sign on to the 3 devices I have listed for my account, I'm not signing onto any other devices thsn those 3! And my other account only has 1 device which is my pc. I can't add any other devices to that second account at all.

Mark
Super User II

On the account that already has three connected have you disconnected them first at www.dropbox.com/account ? Otherwise it'll see it as a new connection. 

In terms of the devices are they up to date and using the most recent Dropbox software and OS?

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6
I already tried that! I just get directed to a google 404 error page when trying to connect through apps or a "something went wrong" error message when attempting to sign into the Dropbox app.

Walter
Dropboxer
Hey @Julie G.17, sorry to jump in here, but could you send us a screenshot of the error you get?

Also, can you clarify your device's exact OS version?

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6

My Galaxy Tab A is running on Android 7.1.1  as in the screenshot.photostudio_1646720430510.jpg

My Galaxy J3v is running on Android 9 as in the screenshot.20220308_012305.jpg

This is the error I get when signing into the app on my Galaxy Tab A. 2022-03-08-01-17-27-299.jpg

Walter
Dropboxer
Thanks for the additional details and the screenshot too @Julie G.17 - much appreciated. 

Would it be OK if I send you an email to look further into this issue internally? 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Julie G.17
Helpful | Level 6
Yes you can email me.

Walter
Dropboxer
Sure thing @Julie G.17 - you've got :envelope: 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Julie G.17 Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?