cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't delete my account ant its still say it the free trial will be change for bill one

Highlighted

Can't delete my account ant its still say it the free trial will be change for bill one

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I wanted to try Dropbox ant I didn't like it. I use the free trial personal account NOT the bussiness account. I open an account with Google on my Iphone.

I stop the automatic subscription on my phone, but if I go check on the app or on the web it's still show that the trial will be renew automaticaly to a billing subscription. Why is that ?

I want to DELETE my account and I fallow the steps from the website, but I have not DELETE OPTION when I click on settings. And I know I DONT HAVE A BUSSINESS ACCOUNT since the website clearly show that I am on a personal account and NEITHER A TEAM. I AM the administrator.

So, how can I delete my account once and force good ?? 

Thank you !

3 Replies 3
Highlighted

Re: Can't delete my account ant its still say it the free trial will be change for bill one

Super User II

I think you may need to wait for the billing update to replicate - i.e. Dropbox to be told that it cannot bill you. 

Once that happens you can go to https://www.dropbox.com/account/delete and close the account

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Re: Can't delete my account ant its still say it the free trial will be change for bill one

New member | Level 2

Thanks for the reply, but I don't understand. It says that I can stop the subscription anytime before the end of the trial. Why would I wait the trial to change into a billing account ? I don't want that.

I can't delete the account, I have litteraly no delete button in setting. I don't get it. I have a personal account and I am the admin. Where's the delete option showed on the website ?

I am starting to think that Dropbox is a fraudulant company that try by any ways to bill me and not letting me to delete my account.

Highlighted

Super User II

@seb234325 wrote:

Why would I wait the trial to change into a billing account ? I don't want that.

That's not what @Mark said. You need to wait for Dropbox to be notified by Apple that the trial/subscription has been cancelled. Once Dropbox knows that the trial was cancelled, you should be able to delete your account using the steps you already tried.

For reference, Dropbox has no control over trials or subscriptions that are started on a mobile device. It's not Dropbox that charges you in those cases, but the app store where you started the trial or subscription. Dropbox is simply notified by the store.

If you have any problems with a trial or subscription started on a mobile device, then you need to contact the app store, not Dropbox, for assistance, as it's the store that would bill you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?