cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get 25GB promotion with relevant HP device

Highlighted

Can't get 25GB promotion with relevant HP device

Explorer | Level 3

Hi, I just purchased a HP pavilion but I am not getting the free 25GB promotion.  Can a Dropbox team member contact me to resolve this issue? I've done the required steps: I've got dropbox synced on the pc with the relevant account and I've finished the get started guide.  Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Can't get 25GB promotion with relevant HP device

Super User II

No, its only possible if its preinstalled - thats so they can bill HP accordingly. 

The only way to get it now would be a factory reset and to use the default preinstalled Dropbox app on your device. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8
Highlighted

Super User II

Have you made sure you've met the T&C's as per https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/hp-promotion ?

Especially around things like not having used a Promo before and claiming within the time period

- - -

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your reply. I am an existing user of Dropbox. I definitely met the purchase criteria as I only bought the HP Pavilion 3 weeks ago. I don't recall I have any Dropbox promotion previously regarding new devices however I did get 0.5 GB storage increase every time someone accepts my invitation.

Regards,

Michael

Highlighted

Super User II

Have you used the preinstalled Dropbox software that looks like the image on https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/space-storage/hp-promotion ? If you didnt its not valid :(

- - -

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Hi Mark,

No I didn't. I installed Dropbox by downloading from Chrome. It might be why I did't get it because the promotion worked for my son's and my wife's PC. I bought 3 of the same PC at the same time. Do you think it's possible that Dropbox can manually add the free 25GB for this first year? I can prove the HP purchase.

Thanks,

Michael

Highlighted

Super User II

No, its only possible if its preinstalled - thats so they can bill HP accordingly. 

The only way to get it now would be a factory reset and to use the default preinstalled Dropbox app on your device. 

- - -

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Hi Mark,

I bought HP Pavillion 4 days ago and there was NO preinstalled dropbox. Today HP showed notification about this offer. I clicked on the notification and it asked to sign in/sign up. I signed up and then dropbox was installed. Now I am unabled to get 25 GB.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I just bought an HP Envy laptop and I completed the steps for the promotion but the 25GB space has not been added to my account. I can't seem to log a ticket since all I can do is either chat with the bot that doesn't understand this or it asks me to come to the community. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey peeps, just jumping in here!

Since we'll need to have a look into some account specific info with you regarding this, @avikh please submit a ticket with our team here.

As you mentioned having trouble reaching out to the team @OC_Anthony, I've reached out to the email linked with your profile here. Please check your inbox when you have the chance for my message.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?