cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't login with email address that doesn't exist

Can't login with email address that doesn't exist

Denis Forrester
Explorer | Level 4

Hello, i need your help please. I can’t log in because when I create the account i made it with an email adresse that does not exist (example : abcd@hotmail.fr). After a while I tried to login but it didn’t work and it says Dropbox sent an email at this email address for security etc... (because I created the account when I was in the US and when I tried to login I was in France). So the problem is that I can’t check this email address because it doesn’t exist so i tried to create one with the same username but its impossible because it’s IMPOSSIBLE to create an email address with ".fr" anymore. Please how can I do to take back my account ?
Waiting for an answer... thank you...

2 Replies 2

Re: Can’t login

Pikamander2
Super User

You can contact Dropbox support and let them know what happened. Hopefully they can help you regain access to it.

In general though, getting locked out of the account is one of the risks that you take when you use a fake email address. It's better to use a real one when possible.

Re: Can’t login

Denis Forrester
Explorer | Level 4
How can I reach the dropbox support on the phone ?
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?