cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Settings and Preferences

The Dropbox Community is here to help if you have questions about your account settings and preferences. Learn and share advice with members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't login

Can't login

rlubell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

I know my user NAMES and PASSWORDS. I CAN login in on any computer, except the ONE that I need my Dropbox working. I have tried with EDGE, CHROME and FIREFOX (Windows 10). I tried PRIVATE mode on THREE browsers. I enter my email and password. I choose sign in. I get the login screen again empty. The app does nothing.
Thoughts?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

fanofmets12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I know you mention no Antivirus, but I had the same issue over the last week and it was Bitdefender Free that I had installed. I just disabled it and after that, I was able to log in. Then turned antivirus back after. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@rlubell wrote:

I enter my email and password. I choose sign in. I get the login screen again empty. The app does nothing.
Thoughts?

Something on your computer or network could be blocking Dropbox. Disable any antivirus or firewall you may be running and try again.

rlubell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Never have used any Anti Virus software at any time. Firewall disabled since day one. I'm lost

rlubell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Ran Malwarebytes and removed 11 items. Restarted. No change

fanofmets12
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I know you mention no Antivirus, but I had the same issue over the last week and it was Bitdefender Free that I had installed. I just disabled it and after that, I was able to log in. Then turned antivirus back after. 

Jay
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi @rlubell, as @Rich suggested, some software on your machine is preventing the Dropbox site from loading.

Could you ensure that all the domains on this page are added to your whitelist to see if this helps.

Additionally, do you have any proxy, VPN, or even ISP/router restrictions could be restricting traffic to the domains?

Jay
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, give it a Like below to let us know.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Need help with something else? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Find Tips & Tricks Discover more ways to use Dropbox here!
:arrows_counterclockwise: Interested in Community Groups? Click here to join!

rlubell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Fanofmets12, pot on!! It was Bitdefender Free. Now disabled, Dropbox is back. I never knew it was there. Thank you very much!

Cheers,

Bob

rlubell
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Spot on!!

rgriffith21
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thanks man, turning off BitDefender worked for me. I've never had this happen with another site. Frustrating that Dropbox just reroutes you to a generic business landing page instead of giving you some indication of why you can't log in. 

Mariegn
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! Turning off Bitdefender worked for me! As soon as I disabled it, I was able to sign in to Dropbox.

Need more support?