cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't receive email for password reset

Can't receive email for password reset

nocturnal_
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Google told me that my Dropbox account password was revealed. I am trying to change the password with the help of Help Center's articles, but I can't receive email password reset. What should I do to enter my account or understand that it was hacked and gone now (support is not supportive, unfortunately).
Thanks in advance!

4 Replies 4

Re: Can't receive email for password reset

Mark
Super User II

Why cant you get a reset email? Is something wrong?

You can request a new password at www.dropbox.com/forgot

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Re: Can't receive email for password reset

Hope5
New member | Level 2
Hi I'm experiencing same problem. I also can not get a password reset as my Gmail account has been hacked!!
All accounts attached to that Gmail account is virtually impossible to get in. I have 15 years of memories, that I desperately need to recover. I signed up believing all files are safe. It's a malicious attack. Please help

Account recovery

Hope5
New member | Level 2

Please please help me. I can not recover a drop box account. I'm useless with IT, my Gmail account, Samsung & drop box account have all been virtually impossible to sign in. I'm going around in circles, see this link, that link, follow this link etc: nothing. Is it possible to speak to a human. This account is very important & the police are unbelievably no help at all. In fact there rude, have said unless I'm a dead body there will not be a investigation.

Re: Account recovery

Mark
Super User II

How do you mean recover an account? We need more info.

If you mean Dropbox has deleted your account because it was inactive then I'm afraid there is no way to recover it. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?