cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Storage Space

Looking for help with managing the storage space in your Dropbox account? Talk to the Dropbox Community and get advice from members.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can't upload files due to "insufficient space"

Can't upload files due to "insufficient space"

Craig D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I have used 23gb of 1tb storage, but am not allowed to upload a 35gb folder because there isn't "enough free space."

What am I missing?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you sure it's not your local hard drive that's out of space? What is the exact message you're receiving.

View solution in original post

Craig D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you, Rich R.

I've unlinked the files, and can now upload what I want.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

Are you sure it's not your local hard drive that's out of space? What is the exact message you're receiving.

Elisabeth B.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

I received an email that said the following: 

'Your Dropbox is no longer syncing because it's full. That means we can't back up new files you add to your Dropbox or sync to your other devices.

To get your Dropbox back to shape, upgrade to Dropbox Pro and get 1 TB (1,000 GB) of space, plus powerful sharing features.'

I already have Dropbox Pro - why am I getting this message? I have only used 30.5 GB out of 1.01 TB

Craig D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Rich,

Here's the exact message: The item “Craig slide scans” can’t be copied because there isn’t enough free space.

Rich
Super User II
Go to solution

@Craig: That's referring to the space on your hard drive.

@Elisabeth: It could be a fake email. Log in to the Dropbox website (don't use the links in the email, to be safe) and check your usage on the Account page.

Elisabeth B.1
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thanks, that is what I did. will delete email! :-}

Craig D.2
New member | Level 1
Go to solution

Thank you, Rich R.

I've unlinked the files, and can now upload what I want.

Need more support?