cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me access and old account of mine as I don't have access to that email address?

Highlighted

Can you help me access and old account of mine as I don't have access to that email address?

New member | Level 2

Hi,
I am trying to access one of my dropbox accounts that is registered to an old work email. I did not set up two-step verification, but it is still insisting that I enter a validation code. I cannot access this validation code because I no longer have access to the email address it is registered with, because I no longer work there.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Can you help me access and old account of mine as I don't have access to that email address?

Super User II

I'm afraid that if you no longer have access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, then there's no way to gain access to the account. Your email is proof that you're the owner of the account, and any reset information would be sent to that email address only.

You can try contacting Dropbox Support directly, but they likely won't be able to help you.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?