cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me get a refund for a recent charge?

Highlighted

Can you help me get a refund for a recent charge?

New member | Level 2

I saw on my credit card bill that I was charged $155 from Dropbox, and I was under no understanding that I had was under some trial with them to "upgrade" my account to nearly $200/year.  I've had this Dropbox account for so long that it was prob sent to an old email, but still, I want nothing to do with this charge, and for now have seen there is an option to cancel, but no information on refunding the amount, which is what I want. What a disappointment. Please help me by telling me how to receive a refund for this amount, other than having to call my credit card company. 

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Charge

Dropboxer

Hello @MimiBon - welcome to our the Community.

First off, note that Dropbox subscriptions are set to automatically renew unless you explicitly go to your account's settings and cancel them.

That being said and as billing inquiries like your refund request are best handled through our ticketing system (we'd need sensitive information to locate the charge), I'd suggest that you logged a ticket with the team directly through this page: https://www.dropbox.com/support 

Let me know the ticket's ID (a 7 digit code) here when you do so I can locate it and get on it asap.

Thanking you in advance!

PS: If you're having issues with logging a ticket with us, do let me know here so I can reach out to the email address that's associated with your Community's profile. 

This thread is closed due to inactivity. Please feel free to create a new topic here. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?