cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me identify a charge for an account?

Highlighted

Can you help me identify a charge for an account?

New member | Level 2

Heres an idea.  Everyone stop using Dropbox til they make it easier to contact support LIVE for unauthorized charges.  All you can do is file a fraud complaint with your credit card and then Dropbox ghosts will have to appear

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: unauthorized charges

Dropboxer
Hey there (@Shaundajamed), please accept my apologies for getting back in touch with you with a slight delay on my end; are you still facing this issue? 

Please bear in mind that we can’t access your account specifics on our Forum for security reasons, though I’ll try to follow-up on your initial description as much as I can. Now I’m wondering if you’re seeing two separate links that could be corresponding to the Invoice & Receipt that you could've caused you the confusion in the first place. 

Assuming that you can access the account in question directly, then you can find invoices and a transaction history in the Plan section of your settings. Your billing history lists all records, payments, adjustments, and refunds. There are two types of links: receipts and invoices. To see a specific transaction invoice or receipt, click the appropriate link. (Note: You can also get an invoice for a Dropbox purchase made on the Apple App Store or Google Play Store.) 

From there, if you're not sure which account is linked to a payment, you can also look up a charge online on your end.  

Please do let me know of your findings & I’ll make sure to check back with you with the best course of action asap. Thanks in advance & I’m wishing you a wonderful 2019 ahead!  

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

14 Replies 14
Highlighted

Super User II

But surely you should be contacting your card company as you'll need a new card? After all somebody is using your card without your permission because the only way Dropbox can charge you is by you (or somebody else) inputting your card number in to its website and repeatedly confirming the purchases. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I was led to believe I was being charged 12.99 per month, instead they charged my PayPal account for $630!!! Are they nuts! Why WOULD  I EVER AGREE TO PAY SUCH A RIDICULOUS LARGE SUM OF MONEY...for photo storage space, when I could easily have bought a brand new laptop or computer at that price! I have escalated a refund complaint to PayPal and will eventually call upon the rcmp scam and fraud prevention department to investigate these thieves! 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @PassedBy2

I’ve located your open support ticket and I 've made sure your request has received a reply there. At your convenience, please check your inbox for this message and let me know if you have any issues locating the reply, so that I make sure that you receive it again. 

Best, 
JaneA

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thank you Jane, I truly appreciate your quick response and immediate refund. I am suffering with depression and this almost sent me over the top, I'm glad it didn't need to escalate to something worse. God bless and ty for taking the time to understand the situation and refunding what was owed to me. 

@JaneA wrote:

Hey @PassedBy2

I’ve located your open support ticket and I 've made sure your request has received a reply there. At your convenience, please check your inbox for this message and let me know if you have any issues locating the reply, so that I make sure that you receive it again. 

Best, 
JaneA

Highlighted

Super User II
For future reference though ***Off2 please make sure you READ what you are signing up for - its exceptionally clear that its not $12.99 a month - its in a big box saying what it is in total. Especially when you are using sites (like this one) that actually have no refund policies - so actually you've been very lucky!

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Highlighted

Monies coming out of my account unauthorized

Explorer | Level 3

Please contact me regarding money coming out of my account every month I am paying for more space but am not getting it... Money is coming out twice but two different amounts I am not happy and will take legal action if I don't get this checked.. Thanks Janine [personal information removed for security reasons by @JaneA]

Highlighted

Re: Monies coming out of my account unauthorized

Super User II

babydoll1962 wrote:
Please contact me ...

It doesn't work that way. You need to contact Support for any account or billing issue. Only they will be able to assist you.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Dude youre still very lucky. We got charged $1200 unauthorizingly and we cannot even talk to any human being on the phone to resolve this **bleep**. 

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @excelair,  

Welcome to the Dropbox Community, I'd be glad to look into that with you!  

Have you 've already contacted us? If you'd like us to follow-up on any open tickets you have with our team, please include them in your reply and we'll look into your request internally. 

Looking forward to hearing back from you!  

Thanks, 

JaneA

Jane

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?