Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help me identify a charge?

dddawson New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

I work for a university.  One of our faculty had a Dropbox charge post to her university procurement card in late September, and she has no knowledge of what this might be associated with.  I have tried to use the charge-identifier tool, but it just keeps insisting I put in the last 4 digits and expiration date, which I did.

The advice on the tool page if it doesn't work is to contact customer support, but the faculty member doesn't know anything about what account this might be associated with, and the email interface insists I put that in.

1 Reply 1

Re: Identifying Charge

Dropboxer
Dropboxer

Hello @dddawson - welcome to our Community!

I'm sorry to hear you're having troubles using our self-served lookup tool - let's see what we can do now about it. 

If you have access to the billing information (or transaction ID) of the charge in question, you won't be needing access to the email address attached to the charge; any email address you can send and receive emails from will do just fine.

Just log a ticket with our team (at: https://www.dropbox.com/support ) providing the following information:

• Card type
• First six digits of the card
• Last four digits of the card
• Full name on the credit card charged
• Date of charge
• Amount charged
• Billing postal code 

If you happen to have the 12 character alphanumeric transaction ID shown on the bank account, please send that on too. 

In case they paid with PayPal, we will need the PayPal transaction ID  which you can find by logging in to the PayPal account and clicking on the transaction in the account's history.

Let me know if there's anything else you'd like to ask; I'll be happy to follow up. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?