Announcements
Update: Find information on Dropbox support during COVID-19 here
Close
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Can you help me understand how referrals work?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

My friend shared with me a folder of photos. So I tried to download all of the, but because it's over 1gb, i have to get the desktop application. 

So I clicked download all as zip, while on the pop up asking me to create a new account I created a new account and downloaded the desktop program. 

Now I got an email saying I've accepted someone's invitation, but I didn't click on any invitation link to accept. Does signing up via someone's photo means i'm accepting their invitation?

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Referral

Super User II
Super User II

Yes.

It also gains you more space. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Yes.

It also gains you more space. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I have also received more space because I've allegedly accepted an invitation from someone that I have never heard about before - but I have not accepted any invitation. 

What is the meaning of this?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

It likely means that someone spammed a bunch of referral invites at one time in the hopes that the people they referred would sign up. You were probably one of them, and you eventually signed up, so you both earned 500MB of space. Nothing to worry about. They don't have access to your account and they can't see any of your files. Just enjoy the free space and forget about it.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

How do I invite a friend for more space?

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?