cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you help with cancelling my Dropbox subscription?

Can you help with cancelling my Dropbox subscription?

calenes
New member | Level 2

I cancelled my subscription two motnhs ago.. when I try to sign in it acknowledges that I am cancelled but  there is still a charge (on my credit card ending in 8999).. how do I stop these payments .. and get a refund???

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Can you help with cancelling my Dropbox subscription?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @calenes - how are you today?

As you mention that your account is back to the Basic plan, could it be that the charge in question is associated with another account associated with another email address?

Could you try to verify if that's the case by using our self served tool from the link below?

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

On a side note, if you need account specific assistance you can also log a ticket with our team and ask directly. You can also let me know the ticket's ID so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap.

Thanks!

PS: You can log a ticket from the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @calenes - how are you today?

As you mention that your account is back to the Basic plan, could it be that the charge in question is associated with another account associated with another email address?

Could you try to verify if that's the case by using our self served tool from the link below?

https://www.dropbox.com/payments/find_receipt

On a side note, if you need account specific assistance you can also log a ticket with our team and ask directly. You can also let me know the ticket's ID so I can locate it on our system and get on it asap.

Thanks!

PS: You can log a ticket from the following page: https://www.dropbox.com/support

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

mswanguzi
New member | Level 2

I have the same problem but was charged twice yesterday instead of receiving a refund.  And the link to chat w customer service is not working.

Mark
Super User II

Log a ticket at www.dropbox.com/support and track at http://dropbox.zendesk.com

Nobody here can assist I'm afraid

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

aclassparty
New member | Level 2
I hurst had a trial Dropbox I need this to be canceled before the trial is done.

Walter
Dropboxer

I'd start with the relevant Help Center articles @aclassparty:

1. https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-free-trial &

2. https://help.dropbox.com/accounts-billing/cancellations-refunds/cancel-mobile (for mobile in-app purchases)

Let me know if you have any questions and welcome to our Community :nerd:

Walter
dropbox.com/support

SB58
New member | Level 2

how can i cancel my subscription? I follow the steps but there si no cancel button at the bottom of the plan page

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @SB58; how are you today?

Since you're not seeing the 'cancel' button within your account's plan tab, could it be that you're on a free, Basic plan?

Let me know what you find and we'll take it from there.

Thanks so much and wishing you a wonderful new year in advance. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Joseteran
New member | Level 2

I am retired and I don't need Dropbox any longer.  

I am 87 year old and I don't need Droppbox for any project since I don't have any.

Please acknowledge cancellation and show credit in my credit card.

Jose F. Teran

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @Joseteran - welcome to the Dropbox Community!

Allow me to clarify that you've posted this on a channel where we're unable to assist with account and billing specific inquiries as we don't have a visual of your accounts. 

If you're having issues with cancelling your Dropbox subscription, I'd suggest that you contact our support team so they can assist further. 

Let me know if you have any questions Jose. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Walter Dropboxer
    Joseteran New member | Level 2
    SB58 New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?