cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel free basic trial

Cancel free basic trial

Grace6
New member | Level 2

I want to cancel my free basic trial account. I cannot cancel it through my iPhone settings by subscriptions because Dropbox doesn’t appear. I cannot cancel by logging into the Dropbox site either.

3 Replies 3

Re: Cancel free basic trial

Daphne
Dropboxer
Hi there @Grace6, thanks for reaching out!

There isn't a trial currently for the Basic account as it's free to use. 

If your account is Basic, do you want to delete the account perhaps?

Or did you maybe start a free trial of another subscription, like Plus?

Let me know and we can go from there!

Daphne
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

confusedotcom
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox and Daphne

I'm finding this all very worrying. I'm trying to cancel a free trial of Dropbox Professional, but in my personal account within 'Plan' it doesn't give me the option of 'Manage Plan' which is what the 'help' instructions tell you to do. I'm in a circular nightmare of 'help'. The Chatbot is completely useless and doesn't work. I've reached out to the Community but having read that other people have had a similar problem I'm really disturbed regarding the ethics of the company for taking money from people who have tried to cancel their subscriptions. Please advise. Thanks

Mark
Super User II

How did you set up the trial? If it was on a mobile device you need to cancel it on that device you cannot do it via the Dropbox website as the help articles say.

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?