cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancel paid subscription

Highlighted

Cancel paid subscription

New member | Level 2

Hi,

I can't see a cancel button on my Plan page plus i don't have a subscription linked to my apple ID. This is so frustrating, I've followed all of the instructions. I just want to downgrade to the free option again, but clearly that has been made very difficult to do! HELP!!!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cancel paid subscription

New member | Level 2

Thanks for responding Rich, really appreciate it.

I'm signed in. When I click on Current Plan it says I'm on a Dropbox basic (which apparently is free), but I'm being charged $18.69 a month on my credit card, so it can't be free?

I just want to downgrade to the free option again as the project I was working on which required larger memory, is over.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Super User II

@TLim wrote:

I just want to downgrade to the free option again, but clearly that has been made very difficult to do! HELP!!!

It's extremely simple to downgrade. Are you sure you're signed in with the correct account? Does the account show as a paid account (Plus, Professional, etc.) when you view the Plan page?

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Thanks for responding Rich, really appreciate it.

I'm signed in. When I click on Current Plan it says I'm on a Dropbox basic (which apparently is free), but I'm being charged $18.69 a month on my credit card, so it can't be free?

I just want to downgrade to the free option again as the project I was working on which required larger memory, is over.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

Sorry Rich, you are 100% right, the account was linked to another email address.

Thanks so much for your help!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I am having the same problem. I am charged $75 per month by Dropbox. I would like to cancel. It is an account for a business/nonprofit. When I follow directions there is no option presented to me to "cancel plan" as was stated in directions. I can't get to tahe part where I click on "I still want to downgrade" -- all as cited in directions. According to this website I am "basic" -- so why am I being charged $75 per month. Please help!!! I work for a nonprofit and we can't afford this. -- Martha [personal information removed as per Community Guidelines]

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @MMadsen1, thanks for joining us on this discussion.

It sounds like you have another Dropbox account that's on a paid subscription. 

You can lookup the email address associated with it by using our credit card charge lookup tool.

If you reach a dead-end or you still want to have a better look into it, you can always contact our team from this link, using an incognito window, without being signed in to your account. 

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?