cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canceled subscription and support confirmed but still being charged.

Canceled subscription and support confirmed but still being charged.

endlesssummer
Explorer | Level 3

There is a big disconnect between DropBox and Googles App store. I canceled my subscription and got into chat with DropBox to confirm no more charges would be made and I even received an email confirmation about the cancelation.  

I'm still being charged through Google even though support said I needed to do no further action.

So I contacted Google support and they are clueless.  Why is there such a disconnect between DropBox and the Google App store?

Now that I'm no longer a paying customer DropBox won't let me contact them to fix this which is frustrating. 

7 Replies 7

Re: Canceled subscription and support confirmed but still being charged.

Mark
Super User II

They are two different subscriptions - Dropbox doesnt have any access to the Google finance systems and Google dont to Dropbox. 

Unfortunately if Google is charging you they are at fault and you need to speak to them - Dropbox cannot stop it

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

endlesssummer
Explorer | Level 3

Appreciate the reply Mark.

Here's the problem, Google is telling me it's DropBoxes fault. 

You're saying they "don't have access to each other's finance systems"?  Would it make sense if I'm being charged by Google for Dropbox then that money is going to DropBox? So they do have access to the financial info.  If they don't communicate with each other then that's a huge problem.

Here's what I find extremely frustrating. 

1. I canceled with DropBox over chat and received email confirmation that it was canceled.

2. I keep getting charged by DropBox multiple times.

3. DropBox doesn't let basic members contact them, even though they've been charging me. I'm only allowed to participate in the forums to find a solution. (which is insane a company that operates like this still has users)

The whole situation is what I would expect from a scam company that doesn't care if they go out of business.

Lusil
Dropboxer
Hey @endlesssummer, thanks for reaching out to us here, and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

Have you tried contacting our Support team via this link, using an incognito window, without signing in?

If you have, let me know the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) so that I can have a look into this for you.

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

endlesssummer
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Lusil,

Yes, I filled out the contact form days ago by signing out, and no response. My ticket # is 12047536. Why make people sign up to contact you?  I can't click the ticket, it just refreshes the page.  Why would a big company like dropbox operate like this?  I just checked your BBB rating and see you have a 1.02 stars. I honestly have never seen a lower score for a company and now I know why. 

Please look up my chat history with DropBox and refund my money I've wasted way too much time doing this back and forth.

Lusil
Dropboxer
As I'd like to help look into this with you, I've sent you a ticket. 

Whenever you have a moment, check your inbox and we'll go from there. 

Lusil
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

endlesssummer
Explorer | Level 3

Lusil,

In the ticket, you asked me to confirm that I own the email that I've been emailing you on?

You're making a simple situation into a big convoluted process.

You've charged me multiple times AFTER canceling, so refund my money! Why make it so difficult!?

Walter
Dropboxer
This is done as a security measure and it's essential to this process @endlesssummer.

Please let us know if you're having any difficulty with replying to your ticket.

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?