cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We want to hear from you. What projects do you use Dropbox for?
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Re: I've been charged on my paypal but I don't want to continue using Dropbox business.

Super User
Super User

Rishi M.

since this is a user-based forum and users input and read these forums, its not a good idea to post personal info here as it can get spammed.  Since none of Dropbox users and not even us Super Users has access to those accounts, we cannot help you.

you need to submit a Support Ticket. https://www.dropbox.com/support

follow up with Ticket via Zendesk https://dropbox.zendesk.com

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: I've been charged on my paypal but I don't want to continue using Dropbox business.

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Thanks Chris, 

I updated it to remove the personal information. 

I noticed on this forum chain that some customers have received refunds and hence, I went ahead to mention all relevant details.

Any further advise?

Thanks again! 

Highlighted

Super User
Super User

Good Luck.  The Dropbox team is the only one to handle these issues

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

Highlighted

Re: Refund?

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Can anyone suggest me how to get the refund or how to stop using this service? I tried to cancel the Dropbox business as you said that there is no downgrade button. How can I cancel it? Thank you.

Highlighted

Re: Refund?

New member | Level 2
New member | Level 2

My upload speed "dropped" dramatically when I went from the free account to "pro". So, within one day of my upgrade I requested Dropbox for a refund. They were slow in responding (I think it took nearly a week to get my first reply) which were basic "try this, try that" suggestions. In that time I discovered this forum and realized the upgrade was a mistake, so I kept hounding Dropbox. I didn't expect it, but they actually gave me a refund! It is clearly not their standard policy, but if it worked for me it may work for others.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I also signed up for the free trial of the business and was charged $750 yesterday. 

Highlighted

Super User II
Super User II

I also signed up for the free trial of the business and was charged $750 yesterday. 

If you didn't cancel the trial before it ended, then you're automatically charged for yearly subscription. Follow the information already posted in this thread and contact Support.

Highlighted

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

Ok but I didn't get any emails or anything saying it is over. The first time only Tim I got a message was when they sent a message saying that they are trying to take it out but can't. 

Highlighted

Re: I hate dropbox and want a refund

New member | Level 1
New member | Level 1

I signed up, and immediately cancelled Dropbox Business, and see I am being charged $85 a month. FOR NOTHING. I hate this @##$%^ company, and I too want a refund.

Highlighted

Re: I hate dropbox and want a refund

Super User II
Super User II

If you cancelled within your trial you wouldnt have been charged. You also get an email telling you its cancelled. 

If you are being charged still you need to contact support via the admin panel. 

- - -

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Polls
Do you know how to organize your files and folders?
We have created a guide on folder best practice, so you can get organized now check it out here.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?