cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled Free Trial during 30 days trial period, but still got charged $180

Cancelled Free Trial during 30 days trial period, but still got charged $180

Kiyo01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi,

I signed up the Free trial on 8/16/21, and cancelled the trial on 9/13/21.  I received the charge of $180 on 9/14/21. 

My 30 day trial supposed to end 9/16/21. 

How can get the funds back? Which department/ customer Support I can call or email regarding this type of billing issues? 

I am not happy that the Dropbox website only suggest consumers to contact own bank to claim the refund.  In addition, there is no customer support phone number or email address consumers can reach out regarding any billing issues. 

This type of incorrect charges/ refunds should be taken care of by Drop box themselves first, not by consumers' banks. 

I'm looking forward to see any comments!

Regards, 

3 Replies 3

Re: Cancelled Free Trial during 30 days trial period, but still got charged $180

Hannah
Dropboxer
Hey @Kiyo01, welcome to the Dropbox Community.

Are you currently reaching out to us from a free Dropbox account?

Can I reach out to you via email, so we can sort this out?

Thanks!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Re: Cancelled Free Trial during 30 days trial period, but still got charged $180

Kiyo01
Explorer | Level 3

Hi Hannah! 

I appreciate for your prompt comment. Yes! I would like to resolve this issue with your support. Please email me directly or have the parson in charge of billing matters contact me. 

Regards, 

Hannah
Dropboxer
Not a problem, I just reached out to you, so make sure to check your emails!

Hannah
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Hannah Dropboxer
    Kiyo01 Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?