cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelled account - no refund ????

Highlighted

Cancelled account - no refund ????

New member | Level 2

What terrible practice is this that a person cannot get refunded?  Last night at 8 o'clock, dropbox charged me for the year.  I no longer needed dropbox and was going to cancel it. My calendar shows that my cancel date is November 2nd.  I thought it'd be alright, and that this morning I'd just write to the company and they'd be appropriate and helpful.  Not the case.  

This 'no refund' stuff has the same stink as the word 'scam'.  It's terrible business, and it looks like it's happened to tons of people.  What's worse, is that they can just keep getting away with it.  

Has anyone had help?  Has anyone been able to get their money refunded?  How many people does it take to make enough noise to get them to listen?  Let's go down that path for a while.  

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Cancelled account - no refund ????

Dropboxer

Hey there @Urbanrefundless

Welcome to the Dropbox Community!

I'd be more than happy to help look into this matter with you, however, due to account-specific info required on this, we'd have to continue via email. 

I was able to locate your ongoing communication that you have with a member of my team and have passed your comments along to them. 

Rest assured, they'll do their best to assist you on the matter. 

Let me know if there's something else I can assist with. Thanks!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?