cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling an individual subscription

Highlighted

Cancelling an individual subscription

New member | Level 2

Is there a support phone number whereby I can speak to someone regarding cancelling my subscription please? I am unable to do this, and I dont want to continue with the account.  I have followed the steps 

Click on profile picture, settings, plan then GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON CANCEL PLAN, but Im unable to find this link at the bottom of the page.  It doesnt exist. 

Thank you 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Cancelling

Super User II

@BOS wrote:

Is there a support phone number whereby I can speak to someone regarding cancelling my subscription please?

Phone and chat support is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help. Otherwise you need to open a ticket with Support.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

I have followed the steps Click on profile picture, settings, plan then GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON CANCEL PLAN, but Im unable to find this link at the bottom of the page.  It doesnt exist.

Did you start your subscription on the Dropbox website, or directly on a mobile device? If you started your subscription on a mobile device, then you need to use the app store for that device to cancel your subscription.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10
Highlighted

Super User II

@BOS wrote:

Is there a support phone number whereby I can speak to someone regarding cancelling my subscription please?

Phone and chat support is only available to Dropbox for Business customers. If you have a Business account that includes chat and/or phone support, those options are available in your Admin console by clicking Help. Otherwise you need to open a ticket with Support.

Open your ticket here: https://dropbox.com/support
Track your ticket here: https://dropbox.zendesk.com

Replies take approximately 1 - 3 business days with Plus, Professional and Business users getting priority (longer for Basic users).

I have followed the steps Click on profile picture, settings, plan then GO TO THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE AND CLICK ON CANCEL PLAN, but Im unable to find this link at the bottom of the page.  It doesnt exist.

Did you start your subscription on the Dropbox website, or directly on a mobile device? If you started your subscription on a mobile device, then you need to use the app store for that device to cancel your subscription.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey BOS, let me follow-up on this subscription-related issue with you, thanks for getting in touch on the Dropbox Community for advice & welcome aboard! 

As I can see that you’ve followed Rich’s suggestion & you reached out to our specialized team via email, it’s my understanding that this issue should’ve been resolved now for you. In case you haven’t located our latest message or you’d like more assistance, please keep let us know here. 

Hopefully your initial payment-related inquiry has been addressed & feel free to get back in touch at any time if you have more questions. Happy Friday! 

Jane
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

I would like to cancel my Dropbox account, have followed the instruction regarding the cancellation button at bottom of Plan Page, but it is no such choice, and I have tried following this step numerous times. I did not install it on a mobile device.

Please advise.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @tomcarter, as this pertains to your account-specific sensitive info, would you mind if I sent you a brief message on the email address connected to your Forum profile, in order to further advise on the best next steps for you? Thanks & I’m looking forward to hearing back from you on this discussion! 

Jane

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Best Answer' button to help others find it.

Highlighted

Re: Cancelling an individual subscription

New member | Level 2

I have the same complaint.  This practice is incredibly deceptive, I want to cancel my subscription immediately.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey @Jim14, to re-iterate Rich’s pointers above, these steps would be useful if you’d like to cancel a personal subscription that was directly purchased through our website, while they’d slightly differ in case you had upgraded your account through iTunes/ the Play Store. 

As you’ve mentioned that you’d need further assistance cancelling your subscription, I’ve sent you a brief message on the email connected to your Forum profile. You may have a look at your inbox at your earliest convenience if you’d like us to work on that together. Thanks & I’ll be awaiting your next message! 

Jane

Highlighted

New member | Level 2

The instructions aren't clear on here. For anyone struggling to find where to cancel your subscription - when you click on your profile picture and then go to settings; it will open up on the 'General' tab, but there are a number of different tabs if you look. You need to click on the next tab  along called 'Plan' and scroll to the bottom of that one, where you can then cancel...it would help if Dropbox gave clearer instructions in their 'Help Centre'!

Highlighted

New member | Level 2
This is frustrating! I just want to cancel this. I will not use it! I tried to cancel during my trial time but have not figured out how to do so. I want something simple. Not go here go there and fill out this or that and put in my credit card info... my name and email address should be enough. Help please!
Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4
I tried cancelling my Dropbox plus trial subscription by contacting Dropbox and then Apple but no one is cancelling and I have spent fruitless hours trying to cancel

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?