cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot access account - no verification possibility?

Highlighted

Cannot access account - no verification possibility?

New member | Level 2

I cannot access my former dropbox account, which I created for my studies about 9 years ago.

I have tried serveral ways to talk to the service, but it did not work out.

I remember the e-mail adress [email address removed as per the Community's Guidelines] but not the password. 

When I choose the option "forgot my password" I cannot verify my login as I switched my phone number. With my old phone the access to my Authenticator App is also lost, so this is no option as well.

My old account is truely valuable to me, it has about 20 GB content from my studies.

I hope you are able to get the account back.

Thank you very much

Markito

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Cannot access account - no verification possibility?

Super User II

@markito wrote:

I cannot access my former dropbox account, which I created for my studies about 9 years ago.

Have you accessed it recently? Accounts that are idle for more than a year are often deleted due to inactivity. Try to create a new account with the same email address. If it lets you create the account, the old account no longer exists.

When I choose the option "forgot my password" I cannot verify my login as I switched my phone number. With my old phone the access to my Authenticator App is also lost, so this is no option as well.

If you no longer have your verification device, you'll need to use the emergency backup codes that you were given when you enabled two-step verification. Without them, there will be no way to access the account.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?