cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get access to photos

Highlighted

Cannot get access to photos

New member | Level 2

I cannot remember the password to my account. The email linked to the account that the recovery email is sent to was a college email account. The college deleted my email after graduation.... so I cannot receive my recovery password email... I have photos inside this account. Dropbox support has basically said 'there is nothing we can do'. Have already tried all the obvious solutions like calling the university to try and recover the email. There is also no linked device any longer. Is there anything else that can be done off the standard procedure?

2 Replies 2
Highlighted

Re: Cannot get access to photos

Dropboxer

Hi @Waffle

Welcome to Dropbox Community. 

I understand how important the content you had in there is for you. I am afraid when it comes to not having access to the email and the password, there is not anything else we can suggest. 

As you correctly mentioned, referring the email would be the solution here. The email address is our way of verifying ownership of the account. What if a stranger that knows your address contacted us, claiming that they don't have access to the email or the password but need to access the account? There would be no way for us to know if this is the case. 

I am sorry we have no way of helping further with this. 

Finally note that support can see account related details that we cannot via Community. They always investigate matter and they are more equipped to help with account specific issues.

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

Highlighted

Re: Cannot get access to photos

Super User II

In this case, Dropbox Support is correct.

Without access to the email address associted with your account, there's nothing that can be done. There's no way to access the account if you're unable to verify that it's yours, and that can only be done through your email or another linked device.

Your best solution is to get the university to recreate your old email account. You might even consider the offer of a donation to the university for their trouble.

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?