cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot use recovery method on app

Cannot use recovery method on app

baldmanctwat
Explorer | Level 3

Some of the recovery methods on the web are not available on the app:
1. Recovery codes - I have them but there's nowhere to type them. I can only type numbers and not letters.
2. Backup phone - There's no option to text the code to my backup phone.
3. Connected devices - There's no option to send a notification to my other connected devices.

The only available methods on the app when I click "Having trouble signing in" are:
1. Forgot password - I don't want to choose this because I haven't forgotten my password.
2. Single sign in - There's an error that this email is not authorized for single sign in.
3. Send code to email - When I click on the link in the email the app shows the error "Unknown error. Please contact customer support".

5 Replies 5

Re: Cannot use recovery method on app

Rich
Super User II

@baldmanctwat wrote:

Some of the recovery methods on the web are not available on the app:

That's correct. Most recovery options are handled through the website only.

baldmanctwat
Explorer | Level 3
Is there any other method i can use so i can login on the android dropbox app? Those 3 methods i mentioned are not working for me.

Rich
Super User II

@baldmanctwat wrote:
Is there any other method i can use so i can login on the android dropbox app? Those 3 methods i mentioned are not working for me.

Use the website to recover your account first. Then, once your credentials work, use them to sign in on the app.

baldmanctwat
Explorer | Level 3
I'm already signed in to 3 other devices and they're all fine. My only problem is the dropbox android app because of the limited recovery options for two factor authentication.

Rich
Super User II

@baldmanctwat wrote:
My only problem is the dropbox android app because of the limited recovery options for two factor authentication.

If you know your password, what's the problem you're having? What is it that you need to recover? Try signing in on the Dropbox website. If you can sign in there, you should be able to sign in on the app. If you're having a two-step authentication issue, try the website and if you get in, temporarily disable two-step authentication and try signing in on the app.

Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?