cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Восстановление доступа

Recover Account help 2020

Explorer | Level 4

A few years ago I had a dropbox account filed with photos of my kids. The account was through an email of mine that was constantly getting hacked and just so much spam so i erased it. Shortly after Dropbox had some sort of update and logged me out of the app and said I needed to create a new password for my account but in order to do so they would send new password info to the email that was attached to the account. So I contacted support and they proceeded to explain to me that I would absolutely need to have access to that email however that email domain doesn’t exist anymore (@rocketmail.com). Surely there’s a way to recover all my info from that dropbox.

Re: $4/month plan

New member | Level 2

TOTALLY AGREE!

Re: Recover Account help 2020

Dropboxer

Hi there @Scimenmed, thanks for reaching out to us and sorry to hear about your frustration. 

In general, if you don't have access to your email and you're trying to change your password, you can have a look at this article which lists a few suggestions. 

However, if you've already contacted our Support team and are investigating it with them, I'd recommend continuing on that ticket, since they are able to have a better look into it for you.

If you'd like, I can pass your comments from here on to them, I'll just need the ticket ID (eg. #1234567) associated with your interaction.

Keep me posted!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Att.net

New member | Level 2
I have lost access to my att.net email due to their changes. I am trying to access my photos on Dropbox tied to that email but can’t. They say my password has expired but w/o access to that email I can’t change password. How do I access my old Dropbox account?

Changing email address when I can't remember my password.

New member | Level 2

I am unable to access the registered email as I no longer work for the company, and I can't remember the password.

I tried to delete the account and start again, but you need the password to do that.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Changing email address when I can't remember my password.

Dropboxer

Hi @Dee W, thanks for checking in. 

I moved your post here, where other users have expressed a similar issue. 

Daphne's post might be what you're looking for, so give it a try and let us know how it goes. 

Cheers!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Восстановление доступа

New member | Level 2

Как можно восстановить доступ к аккаунту Дропбокс, если не помнишь пароль и нет доступа к почтовому ящику с которого осуществлялась регистрация?

Re: Восстановление доступа

Super User II

@Mikhail2 wrote:

Как можно восстановить доступ к аккаунту Дропбокс, если не помнишь пароль и нет доступа к почтовому ящику с которого осуществлялась регистрация?

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?