cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cant access old email address associated with my Dropbox account.

Cant access old email address associated with my Dropbox account.

watsontv
New member | Level 2

I can no longer access the email account associated with my dropbox account. How can I transfer to a new email address?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: cant access old email address

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @watsontv - how are you today?

Since you've lost access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, but still remember your password (correct me if I'm wrong), you should try to log in to your Dropbox account and then immediately change your email address at: https://www.dropbox.com/account 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Walter
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
:arrows_counterclockwise: Still stuck? Ask me a question!
:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

17 Replies 17

Walter
Dropboxer

Hey there @watsontv - how are you today?

Since you've lost access to the email address associated with your Dropbox account, but still remember your password (correct me if I'm wrong), you should try to log in to your Dropbox account and then immediately change your email address at: https://www.dropbox.com/account 

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance. 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

:pushpin: Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

View solution in original post

Crystal3
New member | Level 2

What if you can't remember your password?

Walter
Dropboxer

If you don't remember your password, or you need to reset it, you can visit our website here @Crystal3:  https://www.dropbox.com/forgot

You'll only need to enter the email address associated with your Dropbox account and you'll then receive an email from no-reply@dropbox.com with the steps to reset your password.

If you don't receive an email after a reasonable amount of time, please check your spam folder to ensure that no-reply@dropbox.com is not blocked while you can also add no-reply@dropbox.com to your address book and request another password reset email.

Let me know how it goes!

Walter
dropbox.com/support

Access dropbox although sign in email is no longer valid

BEhringhaus
New member | Level 2

I have set up a dropbox account a few years ago with my former email address. In the meanwhile I have changed my email provider and address to gmail and the old mail was inactivated. I now can no longer sign in to dropbox as he does not recognize the password. Is there a way to access my dropbox account to again use it more actively with my new smartphone. I want to have all my pictures together in one cloud. Many thanks for your urgent support.

Re: Access dropbox although sign in email is no longer valid

Daphne
Dropboxer

Hi @BEhringhaus, I hope you're well today!

The easiest way to regain access would be if you have your account connected via a connected computer with the desktop app.

I'd suggest taking a look at this article here with some steps and suggestions on how you can regain access to your account when access to the email is lost.

Please take a careful look at each point as these would be the only ways that you can regain access to the account without accessing the email associated with the account.

Let me know how it goes!

Daphne
dropbox.com/support

I don't have access to the email used to create an account. Can I regain access to the account?

newuser2319
Explorer | Level 4

I have had a Dropbox account for about 5 years now and originally signed up for it with my high school email. Unfortunately, they withdrew access from the email domain and Dropbox made me do a random password change using that email. Since they have disabled that email, I have no way to get into my Dropbox account where I have stored tons of sentimental photos from my childhood years. I need help getting into my account and changing the login to an email I now have access to. Please help!!

Re: I don't have access to the email used to create an account. Can I regain access to the account?

Walter
Dropboxer

Hi @newuser2319; welcome aboard!

As your query seems to echo the discussion we had here, I just merged your post onto this thread.

Whenever you get the chance, please feel free to take a look and let us know if you have any follow up questions. 

Thanks a bunch! 

Walter
dropbox.com/support

$4/month plan

BillMo4
New member | Level 2

Dropbox ...

Can you please offer a plan in between free and $10/month?  I don't need 2 TB's but I need more than what the free version offers.  I am not willing to pay $120/year for storage space but I'd be willing to pay $48/year.  

Re: $4/month plan

fox887
New member | Level 2

They are going to lose market if they don't adapt. I can pay for more customizable storage on google or still onedrive.

Poll
Are you starting new work habits this year?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?