cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Credit Card details

Highlighted

Change Credit Card details

New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox

I'd like to use an international credit card to pay for my dropbux subscription. The payment pop-up page doesn't allow me to change from UK to Switzerland, where my credit card is registered.

Please advise, thanks.

Regards

Jay

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Change Credit Card details

Super User II

You cannot change your billing country on a live subscription. You'll need to cancel your subscription and wait for the remaining time to expire, then re-subscribe using your new payment information.

Cancelling your subscription will not cancel your account or downgrade you immediately. You'll remain at your current account level with all access until your subscription would have expired. At that time, it will downgrade to Basic automatically, and you can re-subscribe.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Super User II

You cannot change your billing country on a live subscription. You'll need to cancel your subscription and wait for the remaining time to expire, then re-subscribe using your new payment information.

Cancelling your subscription will not cancel your account or downgrade you immediately. You'll remain at your current account level with all access until your subscription would have expired. At that time, it will downgrade to Basic automatically, and you can re-subscribe.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

How do I cancel my account and open a new one with new billing and address details?

@Rich wrote:

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

I was advised in February that my Dropbox account fee could not be charged to my credit card.  I could not find out how to change my credit card information for the one which had expired.  

I was downgraded to basic, but as recently as 4th March, my credit card was debited for the $9.99 monthly fee.  

I also have to change my email information as I am retiring and no longer using my company email account.  How do I access a means of changing this information?

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey there @jdkisiel

In general, you can change your billing information as outlined in this article. If you don’t recognize a Dropbox charge on your credit card, you can look up the email address and payment date associated with it with our credit card charge lookup tool.

If you’re still having trouble with this, you can always contact our Support team for an in-depth investigation. 

Hope this helped to some extent!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?