cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Learn more about how Connie, a member of the Community, uses Dropbox here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Change Email

Change Email

torigwaddell
New member | Level 2
How do I change the email attached to my account?
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @torigwaddell,

Just set the correct email in your settings using edit link, next to the currently set email.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Здравко

Hi @torigwaddell,

Just set the correct email in your settings using edit link, next to the currently set email.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Laursen
New member | Level 2
I don’t see what you describe. Can I only change on computer? I would like to change via iPhone.
I can go to settings but there is not edit link

Здравко

Hi @Laursen,

Seems we are talking for different things. Are you taking look on the page pointed by the link or somewhere else? There, next to your current email, have to be a "Edit", you can use to set new email. If you can't see it, most probably you are on another page!

@Laursen wrote:
... Can I only change on computer? I would like to change via iPhone.

You can't change your account email neighte on computer application nor phone's application. The email is used on such places for link the device to your account only.

If you mean gaining access to the account through your phone, Yes, you can using "Connect a computer" feature there and then follow the same advice above. 😉

Hope this adds enough clarity.

Laursen
New member | Level 2
But it will vide to wrong email address so I cannot change

Laursen
New member | Level 2
I found what you talked about. But it will send code to wrong email address. So I cannot change email address

Здравко

@Laursen wrote:
... But it will send code to wrong email address. ...

🤔🙂😃 Why? Are you trying to set set a wrong email address? The confirmation email will be send on the new email (hopefully correct and not assigned to a Dropbox account yet)! 😉🙂

Margie Beard
New member | Level 2

I want to change my email address associated with my account.....I went to settings and clicked the edit next to my email I entered the new email in both lines and entered my new password and hit change email.  BUT it says that the new password is not my current password....I tried my old password but nothing happens and my new email is not entered.

Здравко

Hi @Margie Beard,

First error is something usual. Take a look on point 6 in the corresponding article.

@Margie Beard wrote:

....I tried my old password but nothing happens and my new email is not entered.

Are you sure the email is entered correctly and it's not already assigned to a Dropbox account? A confirmation email will be sent to your new post box. Did you check for the confirmation and what email is currently assigned to your Dropbox account?

Hope this gives right directions.

Sharrellleigh
New member | Level 2
I don't have an edit option, except to change my profile picture. I can't click on the current email and open a drop down or new window. I don't use the email address anymore that is currently currently on the account.
Poll
Which Dropbox integrations are you using while working from home?
Need more support?