cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Ownership of dropbox account

Highlighted

Change Ownership of dropbox account

Explorer | Level 3

I work at a Maintenance Shop and our old Shop Foreman that created the dropbox account is no longer with us anymore for the past 3 years. We have been trying to figure out how to switch ownership of the dropbox account so we don't lose any info what so ever. We have shared certain files with the Shop Employees and even changed the email address of the sign in (so i think)  but the Owner of the company would like to see a different name on the dropbox account, more specifically the shops name. So if anyone can help out with how to go about changing the ownership of the dropbox account that would be wonderful, Thanks?

Mike

4 Replies 4
Highlighted

Re: Change Ownership of dropbox account

Dropboxer
Hey Mike, if you're a team admin of a Dropbox Business account, you can change the name of your team as outlined in this article

If you’re not the admin and you’re not sure who it is, you can find them by following the steps outlined in this link

Hope this helps!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 3

Well it would help alot if we had a business account. This was a personal account that the old shop foreman doesn't use anymore. I thought maybe if i changed the Email in the account settings to the shops email it would change the owner, but it does not.

Highlighted

Dropboxer
Hey again @Perkmotor

Each Dropbox account is associated with one email address, so by changing it, you connect the account to a different email. As such, you can perceive it as, if you are the owner of the email address, you are the owner of the Dropbox account as well. 

Hope this helped clarify matters!

Lusil
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below.
Still stuck? Ask me a question!
Tips & Tricks Find new ways to stay in flow or share your tips on how you work smarter with Dropbox.

Highlighted

Super User II

@Perkmotor wrote:

... the Owner of the company would like to see a different name on the dropbox account

You can change the name for the account on the General tab of your Account page.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?