cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
If you're up against the clock to get holiday ready, so here are some tips on how to use Dropbox to make your prep easy! Check them out!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change enail address

Change enail address

strut
New member | Level 2
I want to change the email address associated with my Dropbox account since I'm changing my e-mail sevice provider (and therefore my e-mail address of course). I've spent half an hour trying to find a way to contact a support person but this forum is the closest I've found. Of course I have logged in, checked my profile and tried to change my e-mail address info there, to no avail. Thanks for any help.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change enail address

Здравко
Super Collaborator | Level 20

Hi @strut,

Where exactly have you checked? Once login with current credentials, you can update your account's email here with a valid one of your choice. Use the 'Edit', next to your current email. The new email shouldn't be associated to any Dropbox account yet!

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Здравко

Hi @strut,

Where exactly have you checked? Once login with current credentials, you can update your account's email here with a valid one of your choice. Use the 'Edit', next to your current email. The new email shouldn't be associated to any Dropbox account yet!

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Rfreestone
Explorer | Level 3
There us no EDIT next to my email address. Android app

Rich
Super User II

@Rfreestone wrote:
There us no EDIT next to my email address. Android app

You do this on the Dropbox website, not within the mobile apps.

Rfreestone
Explorer | Level 3
Well, Dropbox FAQs said nothing about that requirement. Such a basic setting should be easy and straightforward. Why should anyone even have to go to a forum to find that out?

Jennywren1
New member | Level 2

My problem is that the email address registered to Dropbox is null and void owing to the fact I changed my provider ages ago. I wish to change it to my current email address but when I go through the steps provided, it tells me the new email address belongs to someone else - yes - ME - DERRRR! No matter what I do I cannot change it to my current address. SO frustrating. I know my old password so it's not that & somewhere I noted Dropbox could not contact me on my old address - well - NO! Because it no longer exists!! I don't want to lose my precious photos though. Beginning to regret ever signing on with Dropbox in the first place. And now I notice it says at the bottom "email me when someone replies" HA HA how are they supposed to do that when the registered email no longer exists???

Здравко

@Jennywren1 wrote:

..., it tells me the new email address belongs to someone else - yes - ME - DERRRR! No matter what I do I cannot change it to my current address. ...

Hi @Jennywren1,

😃🙂 According your description, you have a Dropbox account on your "current address". Particular email can NOT be assigned to more than one Dropbox account! There are some exceptions, but it's another story. In this context, since you already have existing second Dropbox account assigned to your current email, you can't assign the same email again (and that's where your error comes from). If you have created the second account unintentionally and don't need it, then just delete it. 😉 Once the second account gets deleted, your current email will no more be assigned to any Dropbox account and you could use it to assign to the original account.

Hope this helps.

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Здравко Super Collaborator | Level 20
    Jennywren1 New member | Level 2
    Rfreestone Explorer | Level 3
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?