cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox account

Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox account

Thommas
New member | Level 2

Hej,

I have  a problem. The email account I used when creating my dropbox account isn't valid anymore. I do remember my password. When I try to log in (as described in the upport section), Dropbox says it sends a code to my invalid emailaddress. Is there a way around this? 

I can access my account on my phone. Can I change the email address on the phone?

Best regards

Thommas

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox accoun

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Thommas

I am afraid there is not much the Dropbox team can do however, I think there is a workaround.  If you still have access to the account via phone, perhaps do a test but I believe if you create another account with a current email address, then use your phone to transfer to the new account.  Once verified that all files are over to the new location, then just delete the account. You can do that via phone settings.

However, it may be worth sending a Support Ticket as I may be wrong about it or things have changed that I have missed.  Fill out this ticket.  IT will ask you questions, just be patient and it eventually gets to a page where you can input info.  This also helps the DB Team which tech would be most suited for your needs 

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Re: Change my email address without having access to email account used to create the dropbox accoun

Chris_J
Super User

Hello Thommas

I am afraid there is not much the Dropbox team can do however, I think there is a workaround.  If you still have access to the account via phone, perhaps do a test but I believe if you create another account with a current email address, then use your phone to transfer to the new account.  Once verified that all files are over to the new location, then just delete the account. You can do that via phone settings.

However, it may be worth sending a Support Ticket as I may be wrong about it or things have changed that I have missed.  Fill out this ticket.  IT will ask you questions, just be patient and it eventually gets to a page where you can input info.  This also helps the DB Team which tech would be most suited for your needs 

https://www.dropbox.com/support 

-------------------------

if this works and it was a solution, please click on Accept as Solution.  Also clicking on Likes would be super.  Thanks!

View solution in original post

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Chris_J Super User
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?