cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We love to hear how every person gets the most from Dropbox, and it seems everyone has a slightly different use for it - tell us yours here!

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change password but dont have access to email anymore

Change password but dont have access to email anymore

adamxweir
New member | Level 2

Hi all,

Looking for advice on how to change my password on my account after several years, Ive tried to change my password but because the domain for my original email is shut down i have no access to it and cant receive  the password change email any advice?

Cheers,
Adam

3 Replies 3

Re: Change password but dont have access to email anymore

Rich
Super User II

@adamxweir wrote:

Ive tried to change my password but because the domain for my original email is shut down i have no access to it and cant receive  the password change email any advice?

Unfortunately, you won't be able to. Without access to the email address, there's no way to gain access to a Dropbox account.

adamxweir
New member | Level 2

I have access to my dropbox but im not able to change the password due to the email

Mark
Super User II

You need to set up a new account and move the data over. 

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark Super User II
    adamxweir New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?