cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox accounts & billing

Make your Dropbox account work for you, with the help of Community users like you. Join in or start a discussion of your own.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change the name of my dropbox

Highlighted

Change the name of my dropbox

Explorer | Level 4

I was originally on a project where they started the dropbox, it has been several years and I am still connected to the Team and that name on dropbox - eventhough I am a solo-entrepaneur. So I need to change the name to my own business. Not my name and e-mail in settings, they are correct. But the actual dropbox name - AND I need to delete the Team folder from my dropbox.

Can anybody help? I have read several questions and anwers, but none of them seems to answer my problem.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted

Re: Change the name of my dropbox

Dropboxer

Hey @pernvarde! Thanks for joining Community. 

Happy to help you with your first thread.  I understand you are in a free team and you need to leave the free team folder. There is no admin console to rename the free team. I suggest to simply leave the free team and the folder all together.  

You can find a free team overview and all the steps you need to drop the team here

Let me know how this goes! 

Fiona
Community Moderator @ Dropbox
https://dropbox.com/support

Heart Did this post help you? If so, please give it a Like below. 
 Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.
 Still stuck? Ask me a question! (
Questions asked in the community will likely receive an answer within 4 hours!)

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
Highlighted

Dropboxer

Hey @pernvarde! Thanks for joining Community. 

Happy to help you with your first thread.  I understand you are in a free team and you need to leave the free team folder. There is no admin console to rename the free team. I suggest to simply leave the free team and the folder all together.  

You can find a free team overview and all the steps you need to drop the team here

Let me know how this goes! 

Fiona

Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

View solution in original post

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

When I leave the free/empty group, then it says that it will remove all my content to my personal account. 

My work account has the wrong name - originally named after the project of the free group. 

Can I change that name? 

How will leaving the free group affect my work account?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

Nope. You can't change the name of the team after it becomes a free team. Leaving the free team, only removes the free team folder, you mentioned you didn't need, but nothing else will be affected.  

Fiona

Highlighted

Explorer | Level 4

Okay, that is empty so I can do that.

But my whole dropbox is also named after that project, and I would also like to change that name to my own company name.

Is that possible?

Highlighted

Dropboxer

After you leave the free team, your account will be an individual Dropbox account again. To change the name of an individual account please visit your account setting online.

Here is direct link to your settings on Dropbox.com

[This thread is now closed by moderators due to inactivity. If you're experiencing a similar behavior or have a question, feel free to Ask for help from the Community here.]

Fiona

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?